frydemo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maxwell mat to Fryrender mat

3 posters

Go down

Maxwell mat to Fryrender mat Empty Maxwell mat to Fryrender mat

Post  Simone82 Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi people, I'm a new user with Fryrender demo. My problem is this: the material repository is poor, while Maxwell have a +2800 downloadable file. Can I convert the Maxwell setting in Fryrender setting? In the official forum was a topic with explanation for this, but I unable to recover it. scratch

Simone82

Back to top Go down

Maxwell mat to Fryrender mat Empty Re: Maxwell mat to Fryrender mat

Post  jorari71 Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:41 am

Interesting question Simone82...

Unfortunately I haven't ever known how to do this...Anyway the workflow to the right configuration of your materials is similar to Maxwell.

Although if there was an automatic way to convert them it would be fantastic!!

Do you say that in the official forum there was a post but it has been lost? How is it possible? Question

If you find the solution to this idsue, please, be gentle and post it here.

Thanks for joining to this forum and please, post your images: we will be glad to watch them!

Regards and nice to see you. Very Happy
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Simone82 Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi joran, my teacher at Istituto Quasar in Roma reported to me that topic, but I unable to recover... I ask for material converter, but in this moment no software for this. Crying or Very sad

The workflow is similar, but parameter is not equal in values: I have both material editor, and when I reported the exact values of mxm in Fry the result is different.

I work with Fry at Church of the Light in Osaka, by Tadao Ando, and an exercise with Barcelona Pavilion of Mies van der Rohe. Early I link my images! Thanks you. Wink

Simone82

Back to top Go down

Post  jorari71 Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:28 pm

Yes, of course...I think that the parameters havent't got an exact equivalence.

Can you access to the official forum?

I think that many people in this forum could help you with this: not only with the lost post, with the question too.

The think is that I have enough control with Fryrender to know or have a pre-idea of what I want to and how to do it with Fryrender. Logically I have forgotten how to do this in Maxwell, because I don't do anything with Maxwell since 1 year or so...

Please, post your images...We can't wait for them! Razz Razz

Best regards.
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  javigon Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:26 pm

Hi,

The fryrender forum is allways changing. There are alot of post "erased" Suspect

Maxwell Render and Fryrender are both phisicall render engines, and the material editor are pretty similar.
You can use almost every material the same way in both, but there´s some diferences:

-Maxwell uses much much much better the bitmaps. The normal maps amd bump are "perfect" in every value. And you can use high bump values and get perfect ressults.
-Fry by default uses the interpolate value in bitmap ( in fry 1.5 it is off by default), and the bump values is so difficult to use. They must be very low values, and if you use more high value the result is not more elevation... is some strange results.

-The layer system are the same. You can use a lot of layers with mask or %, and the total most be =100%. The difference is that Maxwell apply teh proportionaly if you use values >100%, and fry starts to put white dots everywhere.

-In Maxwell you can use ( in R2) stacked Layers. In Fry no.
-In Maxwell you can use ior materials or ies lights. In Fry no.
-SSS values are the same ( obviously with real scale)
-Dielectric values are the same.

The first difference in doing materials is to do it with the same material test room. Fry and maxwell are not the same lighting conditions in theyr material test room, so you can´t see exactly the same result because it´s not in the same conditions.
javigon
javigon

http://www.renderpro.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down