frydemo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

shadow blur

4 posters

Go down

shadow blur Empty shadow blur

Post  fryrender2008 Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:25 am

how i can have shadow blur with a solar light in the window?

fryrender2008

Back to top Go down

shadow blur Empty Have you tried with a HDRi map?

Post  jorari71 Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:41 am

I made the same question in another forum and I didn't obtain any answer. Maybe with the SUN Fry-object can't be got this effect . But you can try with this:

In the right section of this forum: https://frydemo.forumotion.net/general-discussions-f1/environment-configuration-a-few-questions-t12.htm
It's possible you have read it at this momment but, read it again.

You can see how reach the right effect with the adequate HDRi map. If you choose the right HDRi map you will can generate the edge of the shadow not so defined or the opposite. This only requires a few tests...Differents angles and I'm sure you will get what you want. The ilumination with HDRi maps is not the solution for all the things in Fryrender world but the efficiency will be 3 times better and the time cost will be reduced (more or less) 3 times.

If I'm in a mistake, please, correct me.

Regards.
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

shadow blur Empty hdri

Post  fryrender2008 Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:35 am

I've tried using a HDRI but the noise increases substantially. I do not know if I use proper HDRI. I have rc version and what I do is not to use or the sun or the sky of fryrender, the only place in the HDRI environment mapping. I have to be tested with the equalizer for me to generate shade. anyway I get a lot of noise, I do wrong?

fryrender2008

Back to top Go down

shadow blur Empty Re: shadow blur

Post  jorari71 Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:10 pm

More noise?

Don't create a Sun-Fryrender-object and put in the environment mapping a HDRi map. Check the "use" option and put your HDRi. I haven't seen an increase in the noise...What kind of scene are you doing? Is the light passing through a glass?

Regards.
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fryrender2008 Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:22 pm

image with sun and sky: https://i.servimg.com/u/f48/13/08/60/36/sky_an11.jpg hard shadows
image with hdri https://i.servimg.com/u/f48/13/08/60/36/hdri11.jpg no shadow blur

with hdri i don't have shadows, but with sun and sky i have hard shadows, how i can have blur shadows?

fryrender2008

Back to top Go down

Post  Stromberg90 Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:34 pm

I dont think you can blur the,, if you have more lights in there they will be toned down, like real light..
But ofcourse i could be missing something Cool

Stromberg90

Back to top Go down

Post  jorari71 Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:56 pm

Have you tried to multiply the HDRi power? I still think that increasing the multiply and choosing the right HDRi map maybe you achieve the desired edges in the shadows.

Thanks and regards.
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Moderator Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:36 pm

Another trick to get a more 'blurrier' sun is using layer blending.
You can put the sun on a seperate layer than the sky. (go to environment panel>physical sky> sun and assign a layer to the sun).
While rendering play with the sky layer and the sun layer.
Lowering the sun layer will give you softer sun...as a consequence you probably need to alter the iso of your camera to compensate..

There is no option to change the 'sun size' in fry, as you would do when using Vray to get softer sun light...
Da Moderator
Da Moderator
Admin

https://frydemo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down