frydemo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOTION BLUR !!!!???

2 posters

Go down

MOTION BLUR !!!!??? Empty MOTION BLUR !!!!???

Post  jamestmather Sat May 23, 2009 10:50 pm

Hi -

I've got to say it's a great system - I downloaded the demo today - it looks great, renders fast etc and within a couple of hours I was thinking - I'm going to buy this tomorrow - and then I noticed that...

Motion Blur only affects the camera - not the objects. In short, objects don't blur at all.

Unfortunately this strikes me as a pretty major problem for production work - is there any way around this? Is it being dealt with? Or have I missed something (I knew it was too good to be true: Rage)

Still makes nice pics though - definitely the future. I'll wait until MoBlur is available though.

jamestmather

Back to top Go down

MOTION BLUR !!!!??? Empty Re: MOTION BLUR !!!!???

Post  jorari71 Tue May 26, 2009 3:39 pm

First of all: Hello and wellcome.

Have you taken a look to the manual?

Sincerely I haven't needed this feature because for architecture projects is not usually demanded.

I will investigate it, reading in the manual about it.

Regards.
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jorari71 Tue May 26, 2009 5:28 pm

If you read the manual, you can found a line where it's told that the motion blur can be applied too from the right channel called with the same name. (See page 74, point 6.6, first paragraph).

So you can create the effect activating and deactivating this channel.

I suppose that this will only can be watched if you make an animation... Rolling Eyes

The link to the manual:

http://randomcontrol.com/downloads/manuals/fryrender_1.0_user_manual.pdf

I hope this has been useful to you... Razz

Regards.
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jamestmather Tue May 26, 2009 8:14 pm

Thanks for that - regrettably Object blur is not supported at this time and as Fryrender's primary market is architectural fly-throughs it seems that implementing it is not on the super-high-priority list. It does, to be clear, support camera motion blur which makes it ideal for it's architectural purpose.
I must say that Chema has been excellent in his feedback and answers to me - superb feedback and I wish him every success with the renderer - it really is an exceptional system but the motion blur velocity channel is a difficult one to implement as reelsmart motion blur seems to have odd requirements for its motion blur channel and so I regret I may have to wait until object MB is implemented before I commit completely to fryrender. Looks like I'll have to stick with good old fashioned raytracing for the immediate future which is a shame. I just love the look of renders that this thing produces and it's super easy to get to grips with.

jamestmather

Back to top Go down

Post  jorari71 Thu May 28, 2009 8:31 pm

Hello again...

If Chema has confirmed that this feature is not available for the objects of your scene...It means that this feature is not supported. What a pity! Crying or Very sad

But it doesn't mean that Fryrender is designed and programmed for architetural use only...I only told you that I didn't need this feature because of my reduced field of usage of this fantastic render engine. I suppose that it doesn't mean that this is the only area of usage. cyclops

I'd love to watch your render tests and how much satisfied are you with Fryrender...As you and I have commented now and before: How much easy is Fryrender to configure and how much fast (relatively...It depends on your hardware) is!!! To tell you the truth, I fell in love with fryrender since I reach a result that vRay couldn't reach...And I recognize that with VRay I made 100 tests and tryings, and I lost a lot of time going around non logical settings that, compared with Fryrender ...It wasn't possible to compare. With Fryrender I only ha to put the obejcts, set the daylight position EXACTLY at the hour from where I took the photos and even through the glass (ghost glass, thank you Frances for your help in these my first days with Fryrender.... Wink ) and touching some parameters of the camera..."VoilĂ " !! I achieved my desired result with an impressive simplicity although paying the price of the render time. I'm still waiting that an expert vRay user reach the same result in terms of illumination. Twisted Evil

Thanks for writing here.

Regards.
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down