frydemo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New User-Need help with Sketchup Rendering

3 posters

Go down

New User-Need help with Sketchup Rendering Empty New User-Need help with Sketchup Rendering

Post  kona417 Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:41 pm

Hi all,
just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the forum. I'm a journalism student and I use sketchup extensively for modeling buildings and objects for my graphic stories. I got fry render to help sexy up my models, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to start using it.

I've installed the SUP plugins and played around with the settings, but when I tried exporting a simple box for rendering, it has taken forever and still isn't done. Maybe I'm just too impatient, but it seems odd that such a simple shape should take so long. If anyone can tell me how they set up a model for exporting to fry, it would be greatly appreciated! I don't quite understand how the camera and background settings apply, so that might be my problem as well.

I've also looked around for sketchup specific tutorials for fry, but besides the PDF that comes with the program, I haven't been able to find anything that helps answer my questions.

So PLEASE, if anyone can help enlighten me or point me to the appropriate tutorial, I'd love you forever!

kona417@gmail.com

kona417

Back to top Go down

New User-Need help with Sketchup Rendering Empty Re: New User-Need help with Sketchup Rendering

Post  jorari71 Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:54 pm

Moderator is an advanced user of SKETCHUP (if I don't make a mistake).

Wellcome and thanks for posting!

Regards.
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

New User-Need help with Sketchup Rendering Empty Re: New User-Need help with Sketchup Rendering

Post  pjetrus Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:22 pm

Welcome to the forum Very Happy
Is your question why it is exporting so long, or rendering? Only info you need is fryrender manual, read it all...
And I'm sorry but I can't help you anymore with that plugin, because I don't use skectchup..

pjetrus
Admin

Back to top Go down

New User-Need help with Sketchup Rendering Empty Its all gravy

Post  kona417 Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:28 pm

Hey no problems, I actually ended up just flailing around until I made some headway, and I've now pumped out a couple renderings. I'll be hammering out some more and hopefully have some stuff to add to the forums shortly! I guess, here's a couple new things I've done to start off.

New User-Need help with Sketchup Rendering Floorp10

First model I successfully put through fry.

New User-Need help with Sketchup Rendering Ivoryg10

Gavel I made yesterday

New User-Need help with Sketchup Rendering Cca10

A big public works project I'm modeling for downtown East Lansing, Mi.

kona417

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down