frydemo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer's University Building

4 posters

Go down

Computer's University Building Empty Computer's University Building

Post  jorari71 Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:53 pm

Hi friends...

After a few weeks I was occuped with some health familiar troubles (my grandfather died) I finally can post a few images that are for me really complex.
The first Image:
15h with an AMD 64 X2 with 2GB RAM. I've used ghost glass and the most important and amazing is to achieve such a level of light including these two obstacles for the ray of lights:
a).-There isn't any direct beam light passing through the ghost glass.
b).-The indirect light has to pass through the glass and iluminate the corridor.
The lights in the ceiling don't iluminate, don't contribute definitely to the global ilumination.
Sincerely, I wouldn't know how to make this with vRay. I spent a lot of time making tests and tests and finally I had to look for a definitive solution for a scene like this. The difference between Maxwell and Fryrender is minimum and I found Maxwell easier than Fryrender but they are much more easy than vRay...With vRay for me, at least is impossible. If anyone knows how to make a scene like this with vRay, please, can tell me how to? It's only a curiosity because the migration (I think) has been made for the 80% of my future jobs.
I'm very proud with this image.
Computer's University Building Camara10

Here we are the second image:
This has needed 41 hours render!! Step by step, day by day when I turn on my PC the render was completed. But as in the last image, I made some tests (1000 tests with vRay and zero results...). I have studied hours and hours in this corridors in the really warm summers of Valencia City, Spain. Bad remembers of course...Maybe I'm a bit masochistic ... Twisted Evil
Again the same ilumination...Any direct beam of light through the ghost glass. Only the Sunlight that has been directed from my back (the observator back, I wanna mean).
Computer's University Building Camara12

Here we are the third image:
This has been the easiest...The direct light beams pass through the ghost glass and a bit of light from our back (observator's back) from the Sunlight which passes through a square and thick glasses a few meters from my back.

Computer's University Building Camara13

I've got to make 2 more images: I've got to make some tests before.

I've pass very bad hours studying in this University and it deserves a good tribute.

Thanks for your help.
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

Computer's University Building Empty Re: Computer's University Building

Post  mr-mégot Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:02 pm

hey,

good job Very Happy

i like the third and particulary the second, the render is... a little bit longer Laughing but the resultat is great and the light is very good.
the texture are also good. Maybe in the first picture the noise is more visible (on the wall)

great render Wink

mr-mégot

Back to top Go down

Computer's University Building Empty thanks for your compliments

Post  jorari71 Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:26 pm

Yes.

You are right in all your comments and opinions...And anybody with their opinions...

It's true that the first maybe is a bit noisy but the complexity in terms of ilumination is special (is not the most complex I've seen but it's the most complex I've made). And this was my first complex and serious image with Fryrender after a simple tests for checing the basic behaviour of all the elements and right scales and emitters ,etc, etc...

In the second image the palm tree caused a dramatic increse in the render time...But in the reality this palm tree is here! Smile .

I'm happy because with Fryrender (and Maxwell) I have reach an incredible light level in the multiple scenes. Like in the real world!

Thanks for your compliments. Smile
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Moderator Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:40 pm

Woohoo, looking great Jorari . king
Great renders!
Da Moderator
Da Moderator
Admin

https://frydemo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  pjetrus Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:58 pm

Cool renders Wink
Now, about your vray question- I think it is much harder to do it vray(since I've used it), and the resoult wouldn't be such good, or you have to be the expert for vray...

yes, maxwell and fry are similar. I have been reading post's on maxwell render forum, and there was a topic about new fryrender, and RC5, and all of those newcoming programs. Basically, they are saying that the maxwell quality is better.. Don't know why Embarassed

pjetrus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pjetrus Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:01 pm

jorari71 wrote:
I'm happy because with Fryrender (and Maxwell) I have reach an incredible light level in the multiple scenes. Like in the real world!

Just imagine FryRender SWAP, where you will be able not just to play with the lights, but also with materials Cool

pjetrus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jorari71 Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:51 pm

Fryrender SWAP? What's this? I've been a bit disconnected of all this a few weeks and I think I've been disconnected a year!

Thanks moderator for your approval.

I don't know what took me more work if the modelling or the materials setting...It was my first serious work but the most amazing is the consecution of the results that I was expected to achieve.

Respect vRay let me repeat that I don't know how I could obtain such a light level like I've obtained with Fryrender (and Maxwell).

The tests made with Maxwell were similar and not better. It depends on your abilities and experience and what disappointed definitely of Maxwell and drove me to use Fryrender was:
a).-The incredible size of the .msi Maxwell files. (10 times bigger size in Hard Drive).
b).-The constant (high frequency) writing on HD of a 400MB file size (against the 40MB .dsi Fryrender file size)...It put me really nervous listening the continuous writing on my HD...I decided that I must find a solution and after a simple tests looking for the way of indirect lighting I decided that Fryrender was the solution of all these issues.

For example I'm testing (working) with a stills of the interior open space of this building and I don't need touching anything about any parameter...And I'm approaching satisfactory to the desired target. Very Happy . I'm happy with this program.

I think that with Fryrender even I can get the same quality in less time than Maxwell. This is what I felt when I was testing with this scene between one and other render engine...

Thanks to all of you for your compliments and opinions.

Soon I will post the other 2 stills to complete what I was proposed myself as an self-learning process.

I have to give my most sincerely thanks and regards to Frances, who helped to me a lot and without her help I will have never reach the final result so Frances...BIG THANKS TO YOU!! cheers

Soon I will try to post the other two stills.

Regards.
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pjetrus Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:28 pm

Can't wait for those 2 more renders... And yes, she has some great interior renders, so if you are in touch with her, plase ask her to make some kind of tutorial, or at least to jump over to this forum Very Happy

pjetrus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down