frydemo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

change directories of editor material

5 posters

Go down

change directories of editor material Empty change directories of editor material

Post  fryrender2008 Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:23 am

how i can change the directories of editor material....?

fryrender2008

Back to top Go down

change directories of editor material Empty Here you are...

Post  jorari71 Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:56 pm

In your materials editor you have what you see in the capture...It's very easy: click on the button with dots and appears the box dialog to change the directory as you can see in the not filled red box of the capture. Very easy...If all the questions were like this...

change directories of editor material Materi10 Razz
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

change directories of editor material Empty Re: change directories of editor material

Post  Da Moderator Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:06 am

Thanks Jorari for your useful responses to this and other threads.
Great contributions!
Da Moderator
Da Moderator
Admin

https://frydemo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

change directories of editor material Empty root fixed

Post  fryrender2008 Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:37 am

ok, i know this. but anytime that you access to material editor ( in max o fryrender) you need change the root. how change this for be fixed forever....?

thanks

fryrender2008

Back to top Go down

change directories of editor material Empty Re: change directories of editor material

Post  jorari71 Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:09 am

Moderator...Don't give me the thanks so quick... Rolling Eyes Fryrender2008 says It isn't the solution...

If this is not a forever solution this is a (probably) bad design of Feversoft...In this way Feversoft forces to all of we to mantain and save the materials in this (or inside) the materials root directory inside fryrender program directory...For me it's not a serious problem but the best would be that Feversoft give the users the ability to place their material directories wherever they want to.

Another option is asking to Feversoft... Rolling Eyes

Maybe in next versions... sunny

Regards...
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  osuire Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:31 pm

I also wish we could change the default path to the materials folder.
And in the same spirit, I whish the install didn't put stuff in the root dir : C:/
By default, the program installs there, but at least that can be changed.
But even then, you still get a silly "Feversoft/Fryrender/Output" folder in C:/

What's wrong with the "Program files" folder where all the other guys install their stuff ?

Cheers,

--
Olivier

osuire

Back to top Go down

Post  pjetrus Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:21 am

Hey, it is true that you can't change material root, but you don't have to install fryrender on c: disk. For example, I have it installed on d:
Hope to get root dir option in the next relase Very Happy

pjetrus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  osuire Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:49 am

Hi Pjetrus,

I did change the install dir with a custom install, but I still got the "../Output" folder under C:/
Since it's also the default folder for outputs, and you can't change that in the options ...oh...wait a minute....there's no options !

Anyways, any program that wants to install on C:/ by default is like that lousy family member who goes right in your fridge for a beer.
It's just not polite.

osuire

Back to top Go down

Post  pjetrus Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:45 am

I have to agree with you... But, let's just hope to get that option in the next relase... Btw, fry is not a big program(around 110mb), and .fry are less than 40mb Laughing

pjetrus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down