frydemo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SU Exporter

2 posters

Go down

SU Exporter Empty SU Exporter

Post  ckosio Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:38 am

Hi, I'm having a problem exporting big scene with materials..does anyone experiencing this? I already download the new demo but still no luck sketchup crash down when exporting.. Any solution...??

ckosio

Back to top Go down

SU Exporter Empty Re: SU Exporter

Post  Da Moderator Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:22 am

Could you provide us with some more info?
(error message, kind of file, Fry version, etc...).
Da Moderator
Da Moderator
Admin

https://frydemo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ckosio Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:30 pm

Feversoft_FRYRENDER_32bit_one_DEMO_v20080709 here the version I'm using...

ckosio

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Moderator Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:54 pm

I would love to help, but it's difficult to pin point the issue you are experiencing.

Some thoughts:

1. Big files sometimes crash because of not enough RAM. Managing your SU file size could help out (use lower res textures..etc.)

The next points are valid for avoiding animation export crashes, but could also work for still images:

2. Sometimes it is helpful to go to the file>export >3Dmodel >Options and set the image size to 'use resolution set in fryrender settings dialog'. Then Cancel the export and launch the animation render using the green arrow icon.
As long as you don't have a hugh file this seems to avoid possible crashes (animation export).

3.Another thing to prevent possible crashes is to empty the 'output' folder in your Fry install folder. clean up the previous rendered images and also the .bin files in the 'frames' folder. I am not sure it is a must but I do it and I think it helps

4. When you finished modeling , setting up Fry parameters and preparing your SU file for animation, save and close the SU file and open it again.
This way you are sure that all Fry info is updated.

5. Depending on the size of your file, try to export the animation in chunks. I usually render 200 frames at a time. When you have a big file, render the animation in more and smaller parts.

These are just a few things I do when I experience an occasional crash. Not sure to what extent each of them really contributes to crash prevention, but it seems to help in my case.
Da Moderator
Da Moderator
Admin

https://frydemo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum