frydemo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how optimize the render time ?

3 posters

Go down

how optimize the render time ? Empty how optimize the render time ?

Post  mr-mégot Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:50 pm

hello,

I have make this scene, and I think it's a little bit noise Sad

I have make the same render (same time render) but without the sconce emitter and lampshade and the result is better.

It's strange no ??

Where from the problem can come ?

the objet emitter is low poly, other lampshade is on glass...

the windows are ghost glass.

time render 24 h on dual core 2.ghz

how optimize the render time ? Ghost2

without sconce and light

how optimize the render time ? Ghost

here the preview of the lampshade texture
how optimize the render time ? Abatjour

Last edited by mr-mégot on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

mr-mégot

Back to top Go down

how optimize the render time ? Empty Hey! Nice to see you again!I hope some can give you useful advices...

Post  jorari71 Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:26 pm

This material that you have posted shouldn't appear translucent? In the render it seems translucent.

If it's translucent, it's logical that it introduces more noise and more render time (both issues come together). If you put an emitter (although it has a very simple geometry) inside a translucent, glass or something hybrid geometry between these this will produce a lot of noise and increase the render time. This only can be solved with a powerful machine Sad or with more hours Sad ...But you can obtain the image as in the real world appears in the Fryrender way of making renders...Till now Fry doesn't make bad. Rolling Eyes

You have to add that you make pass light beams through a ghost glass...And this increases render times, add noise...It's in some way logic.

And as I said in other times...This image it's really original and nice. I like a lot. Very Happy

But it's a great challenge for Fryrender and it's community. I'm very interested if someone can give you useful advices in order to reduce render time and improve the finish quality of this fantastic image.

Thanks for posting you images.

Regards. Razz
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

how optimize the render time ? Empty Re: how optimize the render time ?

Post  Da Moderator Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:52 pm

Indeed, the issue here probably is the lampshade material.
The light needs to travel first through the shade material before it can bounce around the interior.
This causes your scene to render much slower, especially when sss (subsurface scattering) or a complex glass material is used.

Also, see to it your emitter is just a simple surface (even a triangle) but I understand from your explanation you made the emitting geometry low poly already.

As a general tip for doing interior renderings I posted this in the 'tips nd tricks' section just as additional info:
LINK: https://frydemo.forumotion.net/tips-and-tricks-f4/some-general-tips-for-doing-interiors-t17.htm

Good looking scene by the way
. king

Last edited by Da Moderator on Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:55 pm; edited 4 times in total
Da Moderator
Da Moderator
Admin

https://frydemo.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mr-mégot Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:53 pm

jorari71 wrote:This material that you have posted shouldn't appear translucent? In the render it seems translucent.

yes I wanted to obtain a white frosted glass.

mr-mégot

Back to top Go down

Post  jorari71 Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Yes yes...What happens is (I think) that the material render scene doesn't reflect what happens in your complete scene.

I wanna say that your material doesn't look like what in your complete scene shows...In your scene looks like a SSS and in the particular render of your material doesn't look like a SSS...

And, moderator...When did you post this post?? Hey! I haven't watch it!! Where was I looking at? pirat Very Happy ...I'm gonna study your new post...

Thank you all!!

Regards.
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mr-mégot Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:50 pm

Da Moderator wrote:
This causes your scene to render much slower, especially when sss (subsurface scattering) or a complex glass material is used.
the curtains are also S5...
but it's Surprising that only 2 small objet (the lampshade) slow down the render Question

Da Moderator wrote:
Also, see to it your emitter is just a simple surface (even a triangle) but I understand from your explanation you made the emitting geometry low poly already.

yes it's a simply cylinder

and thanks for the link, i wanna try understand Laughing

mr-mégot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down