frydemo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dielectric trasmittance: some question

2 posters

Go down

Dielectric trasmittance: some question Empty Dielectric trasmittance: some question

Post  Simone82 Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:40 pm

Hi guys, I've some question with panel of trasmittance: can I convert the value of physical object to the value of absorption? An example: the persplex (PMMA) has a 92% of trasmittance, how to set the absorption? And in second row: what it means the "Abbe" unit? How can I relate to real physic properties?
This is my preview rendering of Colombo 281 lamp, but I don't know if the persplex material is correct. The caustics is beautiful, but real or not? Question
Dielectric trasmittance: some question 20090807203323_test10

Simone82

Back to top Go down

Dielectric trasmittance: some question Empty Re: Dielectric trasmittance: some question

Post  jorari71 Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Dielectric trasmittance: some question 61

Is this a light which iluminates with Optical Fiber? The zone I've marked is due to the curvature of the optical fiber?

To the other questions I can't help you...I don't have time enough to investigate this aspect of Fryrender...But indeed, it's a great caustic effect...Like in the real world!

Thanks for trying Fryrender!

Last edited by jorari71 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:57 am; edited 2 times in total
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dielectric trasmittance: some question Empty Re: Dielectric trasmittance: some question

Post  Simone82 Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:41 am

This is a glass with the properties of persplex (IOR, color, etc.). The effect that you have marked is generated by a circular light of 6W (with specific of real Colombo's light for dimension and characteristics) at start of curvature: through glass we see the rear caustics on the floor. The front caustics instead is a diffuse light by material.
Where I read about my question, if you know? confused

Thanks for your appreciate. Wink

Simone82

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum