frydemo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Someone know LFS ?

3 posters

Go down

Someone know LFS ? Empty Someone know LFS ?

Post  XmaX182 Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:20 pm

Hello all, im pretty new in rendering. Someone heared of the game live for speed? Its a racing game ... You can render cars with 3ds or other from it. There already scenes exsist but i can only render in brazil ? When i change the materials the car is only grey in the render Sad Why is that so? Pls help XmaX Smile

XmaX182

Back to top Go down

Someone know LFS ? Empty Re: Someone know LFS ?

Post  pjetrus Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:51 pm

hm.. I'm not sure I understand you. You wanna render from 3d max? First, you have to install fryrender plug in for 3d max. Than you need to activate it(F10>and insted of brazil, select fry). And than in material editor, use FRY MATERIAL. There is a car paint material that comes with fry.... Hope this helps:)

pjetrus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XmaX182 Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:04 pm

The plugin is already installed Smile Do you know the game and the render? when you dont know its really hard to explain.

XmaX182

Back to top Go down

Someone know LFS ? Empty Have you tried these?

Post  jorari71 Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:51 pm

Hi!

You wanna say that you can make the render from the object using brazil in 3DSMAX and then when you change the renderer (have you changed the render engine?) all the object is redered in grey...As if it hasn't got material applied to.

Check these two things:
a).-Assign the right (fryrender) render engine.
b).-Have you choosen each material as a Fry-Material?

And yes, I've watched this game only a few days for my first time and I want to ask you one thing: Can you add your own 3D models? I 've realised that the game hasn't got any well known car model (mini, Chevrolet Corvette, Porsche...) because of the high prices of the rights for using them. The physics are amazing and the tracks fantastic for game focused on physics and realism.

I use to play to FIAGTR2, do you know FIAGTR2? In this you can't set the parameters to simulate a dragster alien alien but you can drive a Mini and a Fiat 600 with 500HP each one...Really funny races!!

Can you design tracks with 3DSMAX for Live For Speed?
Can you import models from other race games (like FIAGTR2) for Live For Speed?

Here you are these 2 questions...

Regards.
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XmaX182 Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:38 pm

So when i render ist with brazil rio:
https://2img.net/h/oi44.tinypic.com/2j5e337.jpg

Material list:

https://2img.net/h/oi42.tinypic.com/2meth1i.jpg

And when i render it with default scaline render, take the same materials its only grey, same with fryrender, only grey Sad

@jorari71

You cant mod Live for Speed Sad the tracks are not real, but really realistic and there are many Smile You cant export other modell cars to LFS too. You can change design of cars but i dont know how and i dont do it because you cant see other cars and the physics are other. But the game is perfect for me Smile

Max

XmaX182

Back to top Go down

Post  jorari71 Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:21 am

I suppose that they have been assigned to the right polygons of the car. If they are well assigned, you can pass to the next step which is the selection of a FRYrender material.

With all the submaterials that you have listed in this capture of the materials of the car click on each one and then , in the new window click on the button "standard" and in the new window choose "FRY material", then choose "Open Fryrender Material Editor" and choose one of them.

(I suppose that you have installed correctly the plug-in of Fryrender)

Have you made renders before with 3DSMAX? Have you used 3DSMAX before? Have you changed any time of render engine?

I think that the problem is that the materials are not assigned to the right polygons. Neutral
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XmaX182 Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:10 pm

Ok thanks, i will try today Smile Plugin is installed right.
No i doesn't render before. I tried some time ago with C4D but there was really tricky, you must chose all Polygons and here there are already made, only chose material Smile

I set all materials but the car is still grey Sad

Max

XmaX182

Back to top Go down

Post  jorari71 Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:03 pm

But, have you assigned these materials (once you have choosen as a Fryrender materials) to each group of polygons ( windows, doors, bumps,etc)? This is a question more of how to use 3DSMAX than how to use Fryrender... Very Happy .

Anyway, if you have more questions, ask to us? Ok?
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XmaX182 Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:36 pm

this is my material list:

https://2img.net/h/oi41.tinypic.com/35kl4c4.jpg

https://2img.net/h/oi41.tinypic.com/t0kd9y.jpg

Sone preview pic of the sub materials are not available but there are set. There is only 1 material the rest is not set...

Here you can Download the scenes with images: http://race-junkies.de/data/3ds_fry.rar

So you can test yourself and try to find a error Smile

€dit: In the scene i put some materials wrong, now it work with skin, i try to do more Smile

Would be really nice
Max

XmaX182

Back to top Go down

Post  jorari71 Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:23 pm

Well...Here you are a few changes in your model...

But the problem that you have is that you must know how to select a few polygons and then create from them an object which determines a door, a glass, a tire, a bump, etc.

You should look for Internet and find a tutorial about this...It's easy to find tutorials about this questions.

You can see this scene, with a few objects created from some polygons selected and set up for a fast render test.

http://www.box.net/shared/ojq4z66tk2

The question of mapping the textures is this...Another question. Please read the help MAX and if you don't understand something ask to us.

Regards.

Last edited by jorari71 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
jorari71
jorari71
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XmaX182 Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:11 pm

ok thank you. The windows you made with polygon right ?Ok that im unterstand ^^
But the tyres are grey, i have to do the same if i understood right. So polygon and than set the material:)

Thanks all for help

How you made the floor?
And how you do the windows ?
Max

XmaX182

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum