frysun issues

Go down

frysun issues

Post  vicforchrist2 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:36 pm

Hi everyone, im excited!, this is the first time ever I get into a forum like this, haha.
Anyway, I've noticed that in fryrender in order to achieve a very realistic exterior scene the sun most be positioned at the very top, in a perpendicular angle, sometimes rotating the angle a bit. Thats how it works for me. But here comes the problem, my grass or my street map always get burn. I've used lambertian materials with a 100% of roughness and even reducing the brightness of my map.

Is there a proper way to achieve it? Am I going in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I couldnt upload my image, Embarassed how can i upload an image?

vicforchrist2

View user profile http://www.cybertectura-virtual.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: frysun issues

Post  jorari71 on Fri May 01, 2009 9:16 pm

Hi again!

I didn't realised that you need to position the sun in a total perpendicular position respect to the ground to get real results...Are you sure of that? If your only problem is the burned result, you have to change the parameters of the camera through the "Layer Blending" bars...Change the ISO film and adjust the amount of light that enters inside your "camera"...Many times qhen you need more light it's so simple as varying this parameter inside "Layer Blending" tab.

Remember that you can illuminate your scene with other kind of environments that will reduce your render times. It consists of substituion of the Fryrender's "Daylight & Sunlight System" with a .hdri image. Depending on how sharp is this .hdri image you will obtain sharper shadows, etc...You have to make more tests to be sure of the type/sharpness/intensity of the shadows that you want to reach.

Please ask again if you don't understand something, ok?

Thanks for posting!
jorari71
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down